Stages of Faith
- Discipleforward2: Going Deeper
- DiscipleForward3: Here To There
DiscipleForward1 introduces you to a biblical grounding for discipleship growth, gives you a practical framework for understanding the stages of spiritual growth, teaches you how to use group sizes for optimum growth in each stage, and leaves you with a DisciplePath structure for strategizing how to get people moving. The first of three workshops, which can be offered as a stand-alone event, as the first of a series, or as day one of a two- or three-day event with DiscipleForward2: Going Deeper and DiscipleForward3: Here to There.
DiscipleForward2: GoingDeeper takes us into the nuts-and-bolts of how to apply the concepts in church planning:
1) Multiple tools for evaluating where people are in the stages.
2) How to recognize and help people through the "wall".
3) Methods to help people grow from stage 2 (where many congregations find members are "stuck") to stage 3.
4) The beginning of a plan to build and sustain ministry momentum.
This isn't just content we could give you through videos or blog posts. The five hours you spend at DiscipleForward 2: GoingDeeper includes time to process the information in a collaborative setting, and you'll leave with tangible next steps. It doesn't end there--a few weeks later, Ascending Leaders will follow up with you to find out how those steps are going!
After completing the first two workshops, we encourage you to bring your key leaders to DiscipleForward3: HereToThere for a day of strategizing your next church-wide steps toward a simple DisciplePath. It's a "come as you are" day: come with your challenges and questions, and leave with concrete next steps to making disciples in your church.
The typical cost of bringing DiscipleForward Workshops to your community or church is between $1,200-$2,500 per workshop including expenses.
- Stages of faith
- Sample schedule
The Stages of Faith Conference is designed for all adults in the congregation. Participants will learn:
- The stages of faith Jesus used with his disciples
- The stages of faith and the "wall" today for disciples.
- Defining characteristics of each stage.
- Why one stage isn't "better" than another.
- The C.O.R.E. elements of an excellent definition of discipleship.
- Each participant identifies which stage is their current home stage.
- Each participant identifies what are their best next steps for spiritual growth.
- How to chronicle their "stages of faith" testimony.
Friday Evening (7-9:00)
- 6:30 - Registration opens
- 6:30-7:00 - Snacks served
- 7:00 - Worship
- 7:15 - Introductions
- 7:30 - Session one
- Jesus' last will and testament
- The stages of faith Jesus used with his disciples.
- The stages of faith and the wall today for disciples.
- Description of the four stages of faith and characteristics that make each stage unique.
- Why the stages perspective works.
- What it means to be "housed" in a stage.
- 8:10 - Stretch break
- 8:20 - Session resumes
- Defining "disciple."
- The C.O.R.E. elements of an excellent definition.
- Your church's definition.
- 8:00 - Continental breakfast
- 8:15 - Testimonies (in light of the stages of faith)
- Four options in different rooms; select church leaders and members to share personal "stages of faith" testimony.
- 8:45 - Worship
- 9:00 - Opening prayer
- 9:05 - Session two
- In groups of 3 - discuss what each of you liked best of session one, the leadership panel, taking the stages of faith assessment, or staff testimonies.
- Stuck in a stage...what does it look/feel like?
- Needs or questions of each stage.
- Size of groups/community that is most helpful at different stages.
- Review the assessment.
- Identify your home stage in this season of life.
- In groups of 3 again, discuss: what of this teaching makes your results make sense?
- 10:00 - Break
- 10:15 - Breakout session #1: Going deep into the stages
- 11:15 - Breakout session #2 (options include):
- Supporting your spouse in a different stage.
- God language/spiritual pathways for self-awareness.
- Going deeper with stage three and the wall.
- What to expect from spiritual direction?
- 12:00 - Transition back to the sanctuary
- 12:05 - Response and highlights from conference attendees
- 12:15 - Next step instructions
- 12:20 - Final wrap-up from senior pastor
The typical cost of bringing the Stages of Faith congregational conference to your church ranges between $2,800 - $5,200.
Mike and Cathy are awesome presenters of the discipleship pathway. I was super impressed with how they did their homework and personalized their presentations for our specific church. I loved the frequent breakouts to process the content with others. Great discipleship experience!!"
Grace Fellowship UMC (Katy, TX)